ACTIVE & PASSIVE--CHANGE THE VOICE
EXERCISES FOR PRACTICE
While writing we use different forms of sentences(i.e active and passive forms). Words are used as Subject and object in the sentence according to their importance.
There are two forms of sentences called Active and Passive forms. The process of changing from active to passive form of a sentence or vice versa is called 'Change of the Voice'.
A sentence generally has in it a Subject , Verb and object.
Some sentences do not have an object but for change of voice an object in a sentence is necessary.
In examination there are questions in the form of change of sentences from one form of voice to another i.e. from active to passive form or vice versa. There are also questions to rectify errors due to wrong change of form of sentences.
EXERCISE NO. 5
Change the voice of the following sentences.
1. People use milk for making curd and butter.
2. All the people know him as a fool.
3. People say that he endeavoured his best.
4. Someone has spread this rumour.
5. People always admire the brave persons.
6. They say that there had been an explosion in the town hall.
7. They served tea and snacks to all the visiting guests.
8. One should not take one's decisions in haste.
9. These days people prefer wealth to health.
10. The guests finished the whole of the food at the party.
EXERCISE NO. 5 (ANSWERS)
(Please note that all the sentences written above do not need the words 'by......(subject)' after change of their voice. These can be written without subject after change.)